Rainbow Lake, Whistler; Aug 16, 2014, Rainbow Lake trail

Forums Trip Reports Rainbow Lake, Whistler; Aug 16, 2014, Rainbow Lake trail

• Author
    Bengul Kurtar
    Participant

Seven of us met before 7:30 am at Park Royal Park & Ride lot. When we started hiking it was around 9:20 am at the Rainbow lake parking lot. We arrived to Rainbow Lake around 12:10 pm. We enjoyed the fog or misty lunch break by the lake. We started to hike back before 1pm. Descending was quicker than expected. We arrived the Rainbow lake parking lot around 3:20 pm. We saw two ptarmigan around swampy area while trying to find our way up between broken boardwalk pieces.

I had done the recce 5-days before this hike. But the upper section of the trail, just after the Gin & Tonic Bridge was kind of knew to me. Since this section was redirected this way within last week.

This new section goes through more south. Then you arrive the lake from south instead of east. When I did the recce, I had noticed the new bridge . Now I got the connection. I think the lower section of trail (now which goes through swamp containing boardwalks – made of a lot of broken pieces – between the Gin & Tonic and the other bridge) will be changed by the end of season or next year hiking season.

See my pics from the recce and yesterday from the following links:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/benrose/sets/72157646575783215/detail/

Thanks for coming out!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.