Benefits of Membership
- Outdoor activities year round, at levels from easy to challenging
- Some liability insurance for our activities
- Experienced leaders
- Skills training
- An active website with news, an up-to-date schedule, a member forum and a member list
- Social evenings with talks and slideshows
- Discounts at outdoor gear stores
Some Things to Know About Membership
- Membership is open to adults 19 years of age or older.
- The membership fee is $25.00 per person per membership year. We don't have family memberships. Membership fees are non-refundable. (Of this, $12 is for insurance premium (see above), and $8 goes to the Federation of Mountain Clubs (see below). We only take $5 !)
- The membership year is fixed and ends November 30. The membership fee is not prorated. For new members joining after October 1, membership expires the following year.
- To become a member, you must agree to a waiver and give up some legal rights, including the right to sue or to claim compensation following an accident.
- We support the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC, an advocacy group for outdoor clubs in BC. In fact we are one of the four founding members of this federation.
- We are a non-profit club run by volunteers. Please give something back by leading a hike or offering your skills.
Can I try a hike before joining?
Yes! We welcome you to hike as a guest. See our activity guidelines for more information.
Ready to join?
Click here to become a member.
Contact the membership secretary.