St. Mark’s Hike, Aug 10, 2020

Forums Trip Reports St. Mark’s Hike, Aug 10, 2020

• Author
    Bengul Kurtar
    Participant

Our adventure started at 6 am yesterday. I have to get the BC Day Use Passes for 6 of us to park in West Canyon Parking Lot to hike on the Evans Peak trail. 

If you have any heart problems, I wouldn’t recommend you to go to DiscoverCamping.ca and Reserve a Pass site around 6:00am!

My heart was pounding crazy fast because of stressing myself for getting permits for a day hike! Then failed to get permits for 6 of us to hike on the Evans Peak trail… It took 15-20 min to get a response email from BC Parks regarding the Evans Peak permit. Then managed to get passes to do St. Mark’s hike. We started to hike around 9:45 am and arrived at the lunch spot with spectacular views of Howe Sound before the crowds arrived. The hanging clouds were between sea level and us.

A few of us decided to hike further north on the Howe Sound Crest trail to see more views of the mountains. After St. Mark’s,  the Howe Sound Crest Trail starts descending and ascends to reach Unnecessary Mountain (2km one way with 310m el gain). One of our brave hikers – she used to hike by herself, decided to go further.  

Four of us finished around 2:30pm. 

Thank you all for joining us for St. Mark’s hike (plan B for the Evans Peak)!

Please see my captures from yesterday: https://www.flickr.com/photos/benrose/albums/72157715439718181

Hope to hike on the Evans Peak in the future…

Bengül

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.