May 4, 2021 at 8:00 am #13316Craig SpeirsMember
Ski/snowshoe trip to Cloudburst Mt. from Branch 200 (High Falls Creek)
- 5 people (4 skiers + 1 snowshoer) attended.
- We were able to drive up the BR 200 road to about ~600 m before we were stopped by snow.
- Walked and skied up the road for about 2 kilometers with intermittent snow and gravel sections. This was a bit annoying for the skiers who had to keep taking on and off their skis.
- At about elevation 800m we finally got continuous snow.
- We carried on up the road to ~1200 m.
- After a short section in the trees, we reached the alpine.
- Just as we arrived in the alpine (~1500 m), Afshin realized he had torn one of his bindings right off his ski.
- We had a group ‘huddle’. It wasn’t repairable. Afshin decided he wanted to continue to the summit in his ski boots, leaving his skis behind. Off we went.
- We arrived at the summit about 2PM.
- There were a couple of other groups there who had come up from the Chance Creek side.
- The ski down was in really nice in firm spring corn. I think Alastair and Afshin enjoyed their bum slide too.
- Alastair carried Afshin’s skis for him so he wouldn’t sink as much and we all headed down.
- Total time ~8 hours, elevation gain about ~1300m.
- Kudos to Afshin for his mental toughness (that was a long walk in ski boots). Also Kudos to Alastair for helping carry his skis.
- This topic was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by Murat G. Reason: fixed url
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.