Empetrum Peak Sept 22, 2017

Forums Trip Reports Empetrum Peak Sept 22, 2017

• Author
    Ye Chu
    Participant

We had six Hikers in 2 SUVs drive up the logging road to Cheakamus parking lot. I haven’t been here in ten years and the road has deteriorated with  potholes here and there. There is a new trail constructed two years ago to get to the meadows. It has a similar construction as Joffre Lakes Trail. No more roots, rocks or wasp nests! We saw a bear feeding on berries in the meadows. Helm creek was simple to cross as it was only a few inches deep. The recent snow ( all gone today), flattened the grasses on the slope up to Empetrum. The  weather was sunny and warm. We had magnificent views to Black Tusk, Panorama ridge, crater Rim, Helm, Gentian and Corrie peaks. There is no official trail up but head for the col between Black Tusk and Empetrum and you will find a grassy slope to ascent thru. Very picturesque and a nice place for a siesta! Cheers, Ye 

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Ye Chu.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Caroline Kautz
    Keymaster

Hi Yee,

Good write up on the hike, I like your write-ups.  It makes me want to go and check out the area.

Regards,

Caroline K

Ye Chu
    Participant

Your welcome Caroline. Better yet, offer an exploratory hike up there. I would love to climb to the top of crater rim someday…hint hint:)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.