Immediate vacancies in our Executive Roster
We are searching for volunteers to fill the roles of Webmaster and “C” Hikes Coordinator.
- The Webmaster is responsible for developing and maintaining the North Shore Hikers website.
- The “C” Hikes Coordinator is responsible for soliciting C hikes, entering them into the web schedule, and posting short notice hikes during the year.
Your club is run by volunteers and your contribution helps to ensure the club's success.
If you're interested in helping, contact Carol, our President, to discuss the required qualifications and position duties.
Annual General Meeting coming up in November
Each year at the AGM, we hold club elections and discuss issues of relevance to our club members. For November's AGM, we are looking to fill these additional club vacancies:
- President: Convenes and chairs the quarterly Executive meetings and AGM. Presently the AGM is held on the 1st week of November, then Executive meetings early Dec., March, June, Sept. Meetings are held at the Renfrew Public Library from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Social Convener: Organizes Club events, such as the AGM (either October or November), special meetings, slide shows, and other social functions that come up from time to time.
- Trip Report Secretary: The Trip Report Secretary is responsible for obtaining and keeping a detailed record of each club trip and for ensuring its availability, as required.
If you're interested in any club position, contact the President.
More information about the AGM will be sent to all members closer to the meeting date.
Our annual club memberships expire on November 30. New members that pay their membership after October 1 get a two-month bonus with their new membership, which is valid until November 30, the following year. Spread the word to your friends who like to hike but have not yet joined a hiking club. Our club dues are a bargain at $25/year!
Multiple days hiking trips in the fall
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we did not have our regular week-long summer camp in 2019 and 2020, although we had several multiple-day outings. The most recent one was the three-day extravaganza in Whistler. For this fall, we are planning at least two more multiple-day days hiking events: Golden Ears and Manning Parks are on our radar for October.
COVID-19 and Club activities
We kept our club’s activities up to date and aligned with the evolution of the pandemic and Provincial Health regulations.
- Our COVID-19 safety plan is available from our homepage.
- We strongly encourage all participants to club activities to be fully vaccinated.
Carol Kautz, President@northshorehikers.org