If you are already a NSH member and want to use this website, complete the following steps:
- Set up a password.
Check and update your membership information, and agree to the terms of membership.
And, if you previously subscribed to forums, re-subscribe to those forums.
Each of these steps is described in detail below.
Tip: print this page before starting so you can refer to it as you follow the steps.
Step 1: Set up a new password (or better, a passphrase)
- Go to the Home page.
- In the right part of the screen click Forgot Password. (If you are using a tablet, you will have to scroll down to find it.)
- Type in your email address then click Get New Password.
Note: Don’t use your user name from the old website. Use your email address.
In a few minutes you will receive an email message from the website.
Tip: while you are waiting, read the article on the news page of the website about strong passwords and passphrases. It will help you pick a good one.
- Click the link at the end of the email message.
If you receive an error message after clicking the link, delete the email message, go back to step 1, and use the Forgot Password process again to get a new email with a new link. If you get an error again when you retry, see the note at the bottom of this page.
- Enter a new password or phrase, enter it again to confirm it. Make a note of it. Please choose a strong password or phrase. Click Reset Password.
You have a set up your password. You are ready to review and update your membership information.
Step 2: Review and update your member information
- Go to the website Home page (www.northshorehikers.org) and click Login.
- Enter your email address and new password then click Login.
- Review your membership information, make any changes needed, and agree to the conditions of membership.
- Click Save All Changes.
You are now logged in and will be taken to the Home page. Your membership information is up-to-date and you have full access to the website. You are ready to set up forum subscriptions.
Step 3: Subscribe to forums
- Put your mouse pointer over Forums on the menu bar.
- If you see the name of the forum you want to subscribe to in the drop-down list, click it and, when the forum page opens, click Subscribe below the forum title.
- If you don t see the name of the forum you want, click All Forums, click the name of the forum in the list of all forums and, when the forum page opens, click Subscribe below the forum title.
- Do this for each forum you wish to subscribe to.
Your setup is complete.
Note: Most members have no problem obtaining a new password, but for some the process doesn't work. If you try several times and get an error message each time, ask for help. We will make sure you get a new password.
Problems with this process? Need help? Contact the Membership Secretary.