Musical bumps, Singing Pass, Russet lake hut and Fitzsimmons creek hike

NSH Forums Trip Reports Musical bumps, Singing Pass, Russet lake hut and Fitzsimmons creek hike

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by   S. Ling Chan 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ye Chu

Sunday’s hike: Roger and I co-lead this hike. And again, we had a glorious sunny hike with 13 Hikers. The hike started at the top of Whistler gondola (lift ticket is $58). From the alpine, you go directly east for four hours hiking the Musical bumps ( piccolo, flute and oboe passes), Singing pass and up to Russet Lake. The return trip follows the Fitzsimmons Creek ( 11.5 km) back to Whistler village. The entire loop is 27 km ( as calculated by Cristina). My feet were very sore as I wore stiff hiking boots. Best to do with trail runners if there is no snow or ice. September/early October are the best months to hike as there are no mosquitoes, plenty of huckleberries to eat, lovely alpine flowers and before the first snowfall. Everyone had a glorious time. Roger lead the fast group and I stayed with the slower group, saviouring the majestic beauty- “smelling the roses”.

You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bengul Kurtar

Thank you very much for organizing this hike, Ye! I finally managed to upload my photos to the Flickr page. Here is the link:

Ye Chu

Wow, amazing photos Bengul. Thanks for documenting our trip. Now that the snow has arrived in Whistler, my next trip will be a snowshoe for sure. I will post something when the weather gets better. See you all soon, Ye

S. Ling Chan

Thank Ye for this beautiful hike, and thank you all for company. I have added a dozen photos on our club’s Facebook page, at

Note that Facebook will ask you to join when you click the link. But you can decline to join and still see the photos.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by   S. Ling Chan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.