Diamond Head Back Country – Dec 4th, 2016

NSH Forums Trip Reports Diamond Head Back Country – Dec 4th, 2016

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by   Elizabeth Kitts 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Henry Bang
    Participant

Having seen good amount snow in town, you would wonder the condition in the diamond head now. Sunday turned out as an amazing one (of those handful weekends I usually have in a season) with blue sky, so much powder and so many people – already.

Anne and I had agreed upon not proceeding on Saturday knowing Sunday looked better in the forecast. Thanks to Anne for having offered me a shuttle if I wanted. She couldn’t make it on Sunday so I did solo.

Arrived at the lower gate around noon noticing a guy from BC Parks guiding people to put on chains. He claimed the main parking lot was full but it didn’t really have the two line parallel parking in the middle, however, the lower parking area was full thanks to that guy’s presence.

Chaining up and shuttling three ladies to the trail head was a good start leading to the winter wonderland. Just one drop from the south ridge of Roundtable (what is it called?) was good enough for me as the start of the season. A sneak peek of Diamond Head and a little bit of sunset glow made my day. The season looks pretty good. Happy backcountry-ing!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Elizabeth Kitts

Hi Henry

your description of the ski trip is great along with the photos.  Would you be interested in writing up a report for the next Raven issue with a few photos to choose from?

beth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.